Please refresh your web browser if you are not seeing the current month of events.
Anatomy for Yoga Teachers-An Inner Body Approach to Understanding the Poses
January 18, 2020 ~12:30 pm - January 19, 2020 ~5:00 pm$475
Join Susan Rousseau for this 30-hour course designed for Yoga Teachers and other body professionals.
This comprehensive anatomy course is an experiential overview and study of the key intrinsic muscles and synergistic movers of major joints of the body. In 30 hours of instruction, we will dive deeper into the anatomy of key areas in the body for most yoga poses using imagery to apply deeper understanding to teaching instruction. We will also look at possible contraindications and special issues as time allows. A basic understanding of anatomy is desirable as this is a continuing ed level course.
This course will fulfill requirements for Yoga Alliance continuing education contact hours.
$475 for all 6 sessions. Early Bird rate of $425 paid in full by December 31st. Payment plan available.
6 unique 4.5-hour sessions include:
• The Breathing System: Lungs and Abdominal Integration
• Core Anatomy: Pelvic Floor, Lower Abdominal Intrinsics
• Lower Quadrant: Pelvis, Psoas & Hip Joints
• Upper Quadrant: Shoulders, Scapular Glide and Stabilization
• Cervical & Thoracic Spine: Mobility and Stability for the Head